eremite \ER-uh-myt\, noun:
A hermit, especially a religious recluse.
He is in the private cave of his freedom, an eremite, a solitary; he orders his mind as he pleases.
--Cynthia Ozick, "Writers Domestic and Demonic" New York Times, March 25, 1984
Eremite derives from Late Latin eremita, from Greek eremites, "living in the desert," from eremia, "desert," from eremos,"lonely, solitary, desolate."
Going for a sunup stroll on the beach, and maybe to take a swim at dawn. See you kids later!
Here's the thing.
Reasons for Scotto to trim his friend's list.
1. If the person posts stuff I think will get me in trouble at work. (Nudity, porn links without warning or such)
2. Excessive foul language (seeing f-this and f-that f-the other)
3. Nothing in common, or we never talk
4. My List is too big, and I had to trim somewhere.
5. General Mean-spiritedness
6. I Never see posts in the journal anymore
7. I see 10000 one-line posts in a journal, I'll generally remove them, because it hampers my ability to read the rest of the folks I link to.
I've gone past my limit of reading again, and broken my rule of 'add one, remove two' links. It hurts, because there are a lot of nice people out there, but I simply just cannot keep up with everybody. most of my trimming is due to reasons number 1-4.
My goal is never to hurt someones feelings, and even when I do trim my list, I'll probably go back every now and then to peek and catch up, when I get a chance to catch a breath. I hope I don't hurt anyone's feelings during this process.
That being said, I'm *still* trying to trim my list further down. I don't know what I'm a-gonna do about this.