Random Scotto Factoid: I walked to school by myself when I was in the first and second grade.
Monday Morning meeting today... what a way to start the week. I've got a lot of paperwork to catch up on. The downside of working with the gov't. I suspect that it'll have to wait until next week, unless big boss is out of town.
Hermoso means beautiful in Spanish. Oso means bear in Spanish. Coincidence? yup.
Went to brunch with the Momster and Wilt. Not too shabby, the multi grain bread was the best part of the meal. My first time at the Bimini Boatyard, as I'd heard very mixed reviews on pricing and quality. I'd certainly go back again.
Afterward, I was drained... I slept for about 5 hours. That thumped last nights sleep slightly, but I still snoozed much of the evening away. So much for working on Story Project #1. Another use of being on call.
Aqui, tenga un poco de agua deliciosa del perro caliente!
I wonder how much a canteen full of hot dog water would sell for on eBay? If profitable, maybe even do a vegetarian version, with those morningstar doggies.
I missed Free Comic Book Day again. D'oh. I just wasn't anywhere near a comic shop.
Cool Furniture - Animi Causa - a chair-bed-thingum made out of 120 spheres covered with elastic fabric.
Movie / TV news:
Looks like Carnivale has been canceled. I guess I can start watching it now on DVD.
I'm still not sold on Charlie & The Chocolate Factory or the Narnia movies yet.
Haven't watched Who #7 yet, but since I'm on call tonight, I've got something to do while under lock and key. I still have to ship off the other eps to graypumpkin... I can slap #7 o the cd, too.
Moment of Lyric (inside my head) mp3
I heard there was a secret chord
That David played and it pleased the Lord
But you don't really care for music, do you?
It goes like this, the fourth, the fifth, the minor fall, the major lift, the baffled king composing Hallelujah
( Collapse )
I also updated my webjay page... Music to stalk monkeys by.
A pretty good sampling of what's up in my noggin.
For no good reason, I realize that it's been a long time since I've seen an episode of "Little House on the Prairie".
Dan's been fairly incommunicado this month. very busy. I'm sure June will find him more accessible.
Timing with Kevin is tricky. I need to set a time in stone to see him.
Top 10 Excuses for Not Giving Blood
- I'm afraid of needles. (I'm not crazy about 'em, myself. I look away while the stab, usually.)
- Others are donating enough.
- My blood type is not in demand.
- I'm afraid of catching a disease.
- They wouldn't want my blood because of the illnesses I've had.
- I don't have any blood to spare.
- My blood isn't rich enough.
- I'm afraid of being turned down.
- They'll take too much blood and I'll feel weak.
- I'm too busy.
- Someone needs blood every three seconds.
- One donation can save up to three lives!
- One out of ten hospital patients needs blood.
No viable substitute for blood has ever been found.
- Blood centers often run short of type O blood.
- If all blood donors gave two to four times a year, it would help prevent shortages.
- Although 60% of the U.S. population is eligible to give blood, only 5% do.
- Three gallons of blood are used every minute in the U.S.
- People donate blood out of a sense of duty and community spirit; not to make money.
They are not paid for their donation.
- Red blood cells have a shelf life of 42 days.
I'm very happy to say that I cannot recall ever wearing a sweater like a yuppie. (sleeves tied over the shoulders)
1 year ago -MD, Nat'l Lampoon, RPG database mail (never came to fruition), Celestia, DIE DUCKS, added by kscare
2 years ago - owie sleeps, There Quest victory, telecommuting, clear channel hubbub, Hala finished Portalzilla, CitizenX closed down.
3 years ago - cleanup, and milk crate shelf, did new code that's all over Ramada, playing with Newtie, real estate invaders. newt pics I need to locate and rehost.
4 years ago - menstrualhut grows rapidly, journal types, mp3s in rotation, illegal confessions (feel free to keep adding to it.)
Current Mood: change is inevitable... just have to make it a positive change.
Current Music: Dictionaraoke - AC/DC - Highway to hell