Dr Who and the Dogs of Doom!
Hey, a Firefly/Serenity ornament! - not a bad nerd thing to get for kev, maybe, seeing as he has a bunch of the star trek/star wars ones for the tree already.
Post-walkies really wore me out yesterday... when I got back home, I had a little nap - which turned into a 5-hour long torpor. After I woke up, I did some errands, came back home again, and crashed hard, again, for another 5 hours... only to hit the sack early, in the hopes of fully charging my very drained batteries. Perhaps I'm getting sick? I don't't feel ill, just weary.
I'm feeling well-rested now, but how will I be doing in 2 hours, into the droning, moaning, Monday morning meeting of Doo-OO-oom?
I wonder how many people in the USA actually get President's Day off... is it more or less than Martin Luther King Day? Unless you're a bank or government office, I suspect the workplace is active .
I dreamt that I was watching an episode of Lost, and thinking it was really boring.. Until it turned out that Ed Asner was going to be a new character on the show, and he was a master of Kung Fu, (hanks to CGI, I guess...)The season finale of the show had a large incident killing off most of the major characters, and let the counter go down to zero, prompting the launch of the island into space. It's still a tropical island, but it has a huge transparent dome over the top for outside shots, sort of like silent running.
Somehow, I didn't remember that "Lost: in Space" was already a show... and one that I liked a lot, to boot.
The show went from being live-action to a cartoon in a fairly modern style, narrated by Asner and followed the Quantum Leap / LIS pattern of "We encounter weird situations, must fix them for the Dharma Agency, while trying to communicate with the psychic kid to guide them home." I was thinking that all of the leads that were killed probably left the show at that point.
I was both saddened and relieved that it was just a dream when I woke up this morning. I'm really all for a dramatic/weird version of Josie and the Pussycats in Outer Space.(mp3) Maybe toss in a few musical numbers, some toon-babes, a lovable coward, a muscle head and a speech impeded, yet talking version of Vincent will make things complete.
hm. Maybe I'm more under the weather than I thought. Classic Josie was a lot more fun, theme-wise.(mp3)
nicked from eryx_uk, who got it from squarerootofpi
Oh, and TAG, you have to do this.
1. screen name: scottobear
2. birthday: February 2, 1969.
3. place of residence: Deerfield Beach, Fl, USA, Terra, Sol System, Milky Way. (Green Lantern Sector 2814)
4. what makes you happy: Newton, Learning new things, being helpful, seeing karmic enforcement, knowing that there are good people in the world.
5. what are you listening to now/have listened to last: recently, a lot of music videos at youtube.com - seeking bands at random. Mostly Bjork, soul Coughing and B-52s.
6. do you read my lj: Yes. (I read both christin and eryx_uk's)
7. if you do, what is particularly good/bad about it: both stand out as snapshots of the world they live in. I'm curious to see where life takes 'em.
8. an interesting fact about you: Like Brewmeister Schmidt, I could crush your head like a nut. But I won't... because I need you.
9. are you in love/have a crush at the moment: I'd say that I'm developing feelings for someone, yes.
10. favorite place to be: Generally at home, with Newtster close at hand.
11. favorite lyric: How can I pick just one? at the moment -
I was once out strolling one very hot summer's day12. best time of the year: Autumn
When I thought I'd lay myself down to rest
in a big field of tall grass
I lay there in the sun and felt it caressing my face
And I fell asleep and dreamed
I dreamed I was in a Hollywood movie
And that I was the star of the movie
This really blew my mind, the fact that me,
an overfed, long-haired leaping gnome
should be the star of a Hollywood movie
But there I was, I was taken to a place, the hall of the mountain kings
I stood high upon a mountain top, naked to the world
In front of every kind of girl, there was
black ones, round ones, big ones, crazy ones...
Out of the middle came a lady
She whispered in my ear something crazy
Spill the wine and take that pearl, Spill the wine and take that pearl
13. weirdest food you like: food shaped like things that it isn't. (Animal Crackers, Pancakes shaped like Mickey Mouse, Tofu disguised as a chicken nugget)
14. do farts make you laugh: It's all in the timing. Certainly sometimes, but usually not.
1. a film: Double Indemnity
2. a book: Dandelion Wine - Ray Bradbury
3. a band, a song and an album: (band) They Might Be Giants (a song) Soul Coughing - Circles (an album) Talking Heads -More songs about buildings and food
1. one thing you like about me: Eryx - Different perspectives, but agreeable regardless / Christin - Shown a lot of positive growth over the last 5 years
2. two things you like about yourself: I think that I've done a lot more good than I have bad, I'm helpful
3. put this in your lj so i can tell you what i think of you.
4. Optional: POST A PICTURE OF you: (see icon)
1 year ago - ren-fest thoughts, river with a fear of heights, kid-style web layout?, soylent green, glass tile graffiti, danigolden+ham steak+jelly+scott baio=a good morning for me, puppet dj, uss jimmy carter
2 years ago - Danny takes his club to the Ren-fest, 5-year-old marries a puppy, evil eye, palm entry-bus, looking back to my earliest memories
3 years ago - Spending a lot, cute newt, hot showers, green onion cornbread
4 years ago - Lewis-y, Muppetty, limericks, a cute pair of boobies, speedy bus, ninja cow eludes police
5 years ago - valentines, online books, recommitted to walkies, Belief, Myth and Folklore