Went to the in-laws after work for a junk-food delight - veggie chili dogs, fries, and corn. I was totally beat - BHK and I fairly ate and ran. About all I did before going to bed was make a few game moves... didn't even really read before hitting the sack.
Memory Issues- and it's not like I did a lot of drinking, drugs or had blunt head trauma as a kid. That I recall, anyhow.
I don't remember a lot about my childhood. Sometimes, it seems like I only recall stuff from high-school onwards, and it's been that way for a very long time. Sure, there's the odd tv show, or family outing... but the majority is missing without something to spark a memory. Written journals help some.
I don't remember when I first learned to read.
I don't really remember when my parents divorced, or how we were told that they were splitting up.
I don't remember getting to the hospital where my father died...how I got there, who was with me. I remember seeing him on the bed, with the monitors running.
I only vaguely remember moving out of the house at 17, over thanksgiving.
I don't remember much of my time spent at home at age 15-16, outside of working on the old Atari 800 bbs.
I don't remember reading many of my childhood books... I remember the stories, but not the actual running of my eyes over the words.
I only remember a few of my classmates, and the bulk of those were in high school. I do remember my friends in first grade, and my fellow safety patrol members in 5th.
I remember members of my social groups - gaming, music, theater, and so on.
I can't remember my fellow boy scouts, but I vaguely remember Mr Pierce, mostly because I went back to the same troop with BA and SJ during their scout phase.
I can remember a few of the gang from Civil Air Patrol... but I can't recall my flight instructor at all. I know it was a man, but I couldn't pick him out of a lineup.
Thoughts for Thursday night - The Palace of Wonders
THE WEIRDO SHOW - 9:00 PM
Don't miss this Congress of Curious People, this Circus of the Strange. This month, PROFESSOR SPROCKET presents a true cavalcade of the bizarre as The Weirdo Show makes its triumphant return to the Palace of Wonders!
- Swoon at the Comedic Burlesque of inimitable SHORTSTAXX!
- Be Amazed by the More Than Magic of the celebrated LIES OF BRIAN!
- Gasp at the Fabulous Fire Fans of the incredible MALIBU!
- Laugh at the Variety and Vaudeville Antics of the dynamic duo of DUTCH & DUPP!
- Be Astounded by the Super Hooping of the amazing STRANGE POWERS!
- Thrill to the Fantastic Fire Poi of the incomparable SILVER RAVEN!
Plus the Professor's trademark pitches, ballies and grinds, including The Headless Woman and The Blade Box! At only six measly bucks, you can't afford not to see this one!
1 year ago
- rapture index, nice day, rotating apartments, screamin' jay hawkins, app-stick, old family pix, audience participation, eating clown face, 2 years ago
- imageshack woes, lj-poll, walkabout pix, smiles, music meme fruitful, super mario world, burning life with hp pics, power spotty 3 years ago
- Ivan entry attracts travel tips, El Niño is back, beauty of ahurricane, Big Kahuna Generous, rough case, nice chats, monkey-chants,silly sliders graphic 4 years ago
- written missives with bro, newbie likes the doobie, digital clouds,Hurricane Fabian, Stratego, Yoni Yantri, BK snoops, gave frankie the mooch some pasta and a pan. 5 years ago
- Great dreams, care-were-bears, Big Bird (IMT) is a thief, Private moon landing. (never took place, sadly.), newtie play 6 years ago
- wtc-pentagon 9/11 7 years ago
- Tattoo trend, questions memes.. hmm, #4 came true!, Possibility of a Seed donation