Ah... Shots and then free as a bird.
Ice cream at Solomon's cone island
- I got a soft serve mix chocolate and vanilla w/ chocolate jimmies (erm, sprinkles), and BHK got a small vanilla soft serve cone, dipped in a cherry shell. both were yummy.
Checked out bikes... it's going to be simpler to buy one than ship mine up from Florida, I think.
and picked up a few goodies - that place is habit-forming. We headed home to play our newly aquired treats.
- pieces bigger than expected (BHK won one, I won one)
- We've been playing this on Yucata.de for ages, and discovered there was a comfy form-factor - (BHK won)
got Katan Dice
- missing pad, already sent for replacement. We'll play it next week.
Also picked up Archie in the 80's for BHK, and the umbrella academy trade for myself.
played If Wishes were Fishes
finally - cute game, maybe a little clunky, but could be better once learned or with more players. (I won)Arkham Horror
is a lot more complex out of the box - we weren't looking to play a 2-4 hour game, so we saved that for another night. The other games could be picked up in 5 minutes played in 20 or so. Kahuna maybe twice that.
Next games for us to play from the game pile are canasta caliente
, killer bunnies
, marriage material
, and grave robbers from outer space
Went to Selby Sub Shoppe
with in-laws - I got a veggie sub w/ seasoned fries, bhk got a chicken parm w/ smiley face potatoes, Larry a burger with crinkle cut fries, Chris a garlic white pizza.
Things seen on Thursday - a toy blimp at nice & fleasy antiques
BHK also saw some cute stuff at the library, including a mosquito wearing an I pod.
and a cootie catcher.
She's caught cooties! I knew it!
Sporepedia is already publicly accessible
. This is the online field guide to all the creatures people have created with Spore, and the source from which the game will eventually populate the planets you play in with AI-controlled versions of the races people have made.
The incredible thing about Sporepedia is that those thumbnail images you see are
the creature files. Drag that image right from your browser to the game window, and it loads that creature in all its scampering glory. The creature’s DNA is actually coded into the metadata of a 25 kilobyte PNG image. (via James
is about the movies, books, and toys that scared you when you were a kid. It’s also about kids in scary movies, both as heroes and villains. And everything else that’s traumatic to a tyke!
City of Shadows
, long exposure shots of crowds in St. Petersburg, Russia by Alexey Titarenko
1 year ago
- digitized comic library, better off not saving?, starbase scottobear, interactive paper2 years ago
- dr who, good lyric stuff, aim cleanup, magic ringtone audible3 years ago
- 32 questions, dead fridge, cartoons, schedules, journal liability guide, 4 years ago
- OTR, Black Eye guy, showers good, legion, corps more wealthy thangov'ts, DPD, purple turtle post-its, how to make, I get groovy sandals5 years ago
- Coco's, "If I were" meme, Danny and I get together, Bro goes to ER over hand, playstation supercomputer.6 years ago
- Newtie love, Masai Cow donation7 years ago
- lovely chats full of (LODD , evil news, eye patches, little red munkee8 years ago
- Ben Franklin, Fight Club DVD cap