The first estimate on cutting down the dangerous trees in our yard is right at $5000. $3100 for removing the two trees near the house (with the one near the power lines costing the most) and 1800 for the ones near our elderly neighbor's house. The tree guy said the one directly behind the house looks like its dying.
Second had the $3100 reduced to $2200 - we'll see what the guys tomorrow think. Still waiting to see what's to be done re: the Element's windscreen.
Had in-laws over for veggie meatloaf, salad and stir-fry veggies - all were delicious. (Larry had hot dogs - still doesn't want to try non-meat stuff ... not like hot dogs are all that higher in critter content!)
This Thursday the 19th is, according to WMATA, “Dump the Pump Day.” Residents are supposed to take advantage of metro in order to see how much money they will save on commuting costs for a day. They are also sponsoring a related contest to guess the daily ridership on Thursday - you could win a $100 SmartTrip card
Thanks to an anonymous whistle-blower, a Walgreens pill-flipping scheme has been blown wide open, according to CBS
. "Pill-flipping" refers the practice of pharmacies that purposefully switch Medicaid patients to more expensive versions of certain drugs for the sole reason of collecting more money from the government. Naturally, when this happens, taxpayers pick up the bill. Athough, Walgreen's officially denies any wrongdoing they have agreed to pay the government more than $35 million.
Open-Source Tower Defense is a Half-Life 2 Mod. You can choose from 4 upgradeable towers to see how long you can last protecting your castle against never ending waves of bugs. It's a project of OneEyed that is now opensource for everybody to use.
- Game Files
- Source Code
- Map Hammer .vmf file of the map.
Checkout the moddb website for more info over here
1 year ago
- 70 questions with bhk and scotto2 years ago
- cleaning day, flying rays, quizzes3 years ago
- Thai/sushi instead of Moroccan, retro illos, heat, tiresome week, groovy quote, shinto, Child sacrifices in London, hobo sign decoder sheet4 years ago
- audioblogger/pic remote links a no-no, bro being bad, domain shuffle (newt has an email now!), local language map5 years ago
- sleepy newt-pic, black spot, signmaker, Scott spellings, Man of iron-isms (game notes from 1995), talked with Doug Wu6 years ago
- Doug and Cathy, animal babies, Gaming. (wow... must be something about this week for reflection), Barbie, SQL for rgladiator, a kiss goodnight, forgotten silver balls.7 years ago
- Reminder that tomorrow is Kev's Sister's B'day, 7 things meme (I wonderhow many of those have changed?), missile silo home, how to be a superhero, superpower origin poll, enchiladas of doom8 years ago
- not a thing, but I know rough waters are ahead