Back to work - but it's a short week this go 'round. Newtcam
may be a bit messy for the next couple of days as the house gets put back in order. Or maybe not... the images are a bit outside the primary shuffle-zones.
Hits on the side links for both have been down lately - I wonder why? They've been mighty cute recently and viewings is still pretty high, but nobody wants to go through the ads. I can understand that. I'm just surprised that there aren't more things interesting to folks on the sidebar. I should probably add more text at the bottom to mix the feed up a bit.
In-laws came over for pizza and the 2nd half of astronaut farmer - movie didn't do much for me, but I didn't totally hate it either. BHK was about the same, I think.
I keep thinking of Winston Churchill's quotation, made in a radio broadcast in October 1939:
"I cannot forecast to you the action of Russia. It is a riddle, wrapped in a mystery, inside an enigma; but perhaps there is a key. That key is Russian national interest."
Just the "a riddle, wrapped in a mystery, inside an enigma" part.
Nutmeg J Salmonella - the little box turtle that lives in our back yard, near the vegetable garden. Nutmeg - named for a turtle I had as a Kid in Delray Beach (named nutmeg, because that was the name on the pen we had for him to live in - prior resident was a brown rabbit of the same name.) Salmonella - well, because he's a turtle
nothing personal, I assure you, dear journal. I love his shell-patterns.. remind me of raccoon footprints. J, because it's standard procedure to give J as the middle initial, isn't it?
We also have a multitude of tadpoles living right next to our bedside window - there's a drainage ditch filled with water that gets just the right amount of sun. I hope all the little froggies are viable, and take care of the mosquitoes that have been appearing since summer hit. They can leave the lightning bugs alone if possible, too.
1 year ago
- desktop tower defense, space views, annoyance update, newsoms arrive, games and hot dogs2 years ago
- goodbye june, i live for you, teddy bear gun3 years ago
- Missing the good ol' days- Sam and Max, a9 maps, Chee-chee gone, pumpkins are berries, flickr-google earth hack, movie plans, maps4 years ago
- planning a trip, big rock candy mountain, getting journal-spam5 years ago
- Heroclix Icon, Playboy Mystery, The Thorns, Octopus hot dogs, KingKong, Acme Illustrated Catalog, Newtcam pic (see the day prior for oneof his gut sticking out), Lunch with Danny, Las Olas Walkies, awonderful surprise chat.6 years ago
- settling in, south beach remote cam, Newt-lassie comparisons, power puff/marley7 years ago
- Rookie Bodine, good thoughts, crash test dummy plot seeds, redolent, the power of cheese, Ornj goes camping8 years ago