- Thu, 12:04: My tweets: Wed, 12:55: My tweets: Tue, 14:10: My tweets: Mon, 12:20: My tweets: Sun, 13:30: My tweets: Sat, 1... http://t.co/xidhAsZT6P
- Thu, 13:53: Earn free Smurfberries each week when you build one of the Smurfy Wonders in #smurfsvillage http://t.co/bsCJ20EhW5
- Thu, 22:18: I'm watching DCI Banks http://t.co/ayvMv0Y1sG #GetGlue #DCIBanks
- Thu, 22:51: Thursday http://t.co/GHpimwikdt
- Thu, 23:25: Ffs http://t.co/1TWAlolBW2
- Thu, 23:43: Thursday: Gut feeling better, dinner with in-laws and Allison at JT’s. Allergies acting up, eyes are raw in ... http://t.co/rtyxctUpX7
- Thu, 23:43: Ffs: Allison just reminded me of magnum bars in the freezer, but now I’m in bed. ICE CREAM, YOU TORMENT ME. ... http://t.co/QWP7WrhtAe
- Fri, 00:13: Thursday http://t.co/eLvytHI74z
- Fri, 00:13: Ffs http://t.co/A94GzqWXV7
- Fri, 06:39: Earn free Smurfberries each week when you build one of the Smurfy Wonders in #smurfsvillage http://t.co/bsCJ20EhW5
It felt good. From 930 to late midday, I wielded a hand saw, pitch fork, rake, a tarp and my own two hands to clear away a couple of truck loads of assorted thorny brush to the dump south of town. The two vehicle caravan had me as the caboose and Larry picked up Chris and the front position, and I ultimately got to experience the use of a truck scale firsthand.
I liked the sense of accomplishment and utility that I got from putting in a solid day of work outside. I’m not sure if it was because I could see the environment actually change, or helping out Larry and working in pleasant silence, or just that we were outside in the sun and getting some exercise like a Neanderthal might do, if he were clearing land to plant crops or fashioning a really pathetic lean-to.
Also, I got lunch and a frosty in a waffle cone at Wendy’s afterwards. Soft serve chocolate ice cream is really good after a day of hot, dehydrating work. I suspect that I’ll be doing a lot more labor outside once Larry retires (a week from today!)