Ray asked me to name 10 books that have impacted me – not to over think it – but list 10 books that have affected my life in some way. And so, in no particular order…
- Illuminatus! Trilogy – Robert Shea and Robert Wilson
- Dandelion Wine – Ray Bradbury
- Pride and Prejudice – Jane Austen
- Essential Ellison – Harlan Ellison
- John Dies at the End – David Wong
- Alan Mendelsohn, the Boy from Mars – Daniel Pinkwater
- D’Aulaires’ Book of Greek Myths – Ingri d’Aulaire
- Still Life With Woodpecker – Tom Robbins
- Innocents Abroad – Mark Twain
- Make Way For Ducklings – Robert Mcclosky
Those were the first 10 to come to mind.
See Also – The Oz books, Terry Pratchett’s Discworld Books, Dr. Seuss, Just about anything by Bradbury (Something Wicked This Way Comes and Martian Chronicles were vital), Charles Stross, Bill Bryson, Sarah Vowell, The Fabulous Riverboat books, Tim Powers goodies, Stephen King, and so much more.
If you like to read, join me at Goodreads!