UPDATE: Winter Weather Advisory:
By The National Weather Serivce
St. Mary’s/Calvert Counties:
St. Marys-Calvert-Including the city of St Marys City
Winter weather advisory remains in effect until noon today
Winter weather advisory remains in effect from 5PM this afternoon to 1AM Friday
* Precipitation type- heavy snow and sleet.
* Accumulations- 4 to 6 inches.
* Timing- precipitation will change to a mixture of rain and sleet this morning. Precipitation will change over to snow late this afternoon and evening. Moderate to locally heavy snow is expected during this time.
* Temperatures- rising into the lower to middle 30s this morning. Temperatures will remain in the lower and middle 30s through late this evening.
* Winds- becoming North 15 to 20 MPH with gusts to 35 MPH.
* Impacts- roads will be snow covered and slippery early this morning. Any wet or slushy roads late this morning and afternoon will become snow covered and slippery late this afternoon and tonight.