Not as unlucky as the 13th? Snowy and rainy on the way in today. Last night, there was a possibility that OPM would let us telework today. Ah well, as long as I make it in and out safe and sound.
- Pheromones not proven in humans at all!
- What do you call it when there are two eggs fertilized, one of those splits to twins, and all three are born? Fraternal triplets with an identical component?
- Twin “novelty” names vs regular: Me – Beth & Betsy, Penny and Nicola, Mercedes and Portia (Carr!), Adam and Eric, Joe & Henry, Shannon and Erin SM – Myrtle and Mertide?
- Venture Brothers (Dr. Thaddeus S. “Rusty” Venture and Jonas Venture – Inspired by the twin talk, of course)
- X-files episode, Humbug. (as above)
- A Canticle for Leibowitz
- Total Recall (Arnie Movie)
- Parasitic/Conjoined twins in general
- When one twin has a birth defect, and another doesn’t (like a malformed limb, or mental retardation)
- The term “chapstick lesbian” vs “lipstick lesbian” (I’d never heard the first term prior to today, and neither had SM)
- Penis Transplant
- A 2nd PR firm for metro Yeah.. good luck with that.
Last night we went to supper at Thursday’s. It wasn’t bad, the apps were just fine. In-laws wanted to hang out a bit, and we chitchatted over nibbles there for a couple of hours.
The service was excellent. Plus, they have silly little vending machines, one of which does duck-shaped pencil-toppers for a quarter. I got Allison a black duck with flame-wings.